ON Semiconductor Replaces its Legacy Scrap Reclaim System to Ensure Smooth Integration with Oracle EBS
ON Semiconductor is a U.S.-based Fortune 1000 semiconductor supplier company, driving energy-efficient innovations. It operates a responsive, reliable, and world-class supply chain program, with a network of manufacturing facilities & design centers in key markets throughout NA, Europe, and the APAC regions
"We are living with the new Scrap Reclaim application. We have successfully migrated the scrap reclaim application to Oracle production and all the pre-cutover and post-cutover activities have been completed successfully. With this project, we have retired the “PC-based access application“ and replaced it with a new standardized Oracle-based application. I would like to thank everybody who worked on this project. It is the result of very hard work from multiple personnel such as the finance team, scram reclaims team, IT, and Triniti teams. Special thanks to the Triniti team who have worked very hard to meet the project objectives and schedule. We are now officially entering into post-go-live support. Pankaj and Mallikarjuna from Triniti will continue to support the PGLS (Post Go-Live Support) for 2 weeks. I will continue to coordinate the PGLS activities."
- Raj Prabhu, On Semiconductor
- Integrating the new system with Oracle EBS resulted in a measurable increase in productivity
- The new application’s intuitive, Oracle EBS-inspired user interface, helped speed up user adoption and buy-in
- 50% reduction in the development costs, thanks to Triniti’s hybrid onsite/offsite delivery model
They needed a complete revamp of their custom-built legacy system to address the following issues that were adversely affecting their bottom line:
- Unable to accurately identify scrap metal lot numbers required for efficient tracking
- Disconnected scrap credit reclaim process required manual transactions to be performed in Oracle EBS
- High maintenance and licensing cost of the Legacy system
- Error-prone process
The triniti team was engaged right from the conception of this project. A team of experts dove in to perform detailed requirements gathering, took the time to really understand ON Semiconductor’s pain points, and then sat down to design a right-fit solution for their needs.
- Scrap metal reclaim system integrated with General Ledger in Oracle EBS
- Immediate credits for scrap reclaim sales
- Adjustment credits to account for discrepancies in weight, lot content, and price variance
- Eliminated errors and inefficiencies
The Triniti team created more than 10 custom front-end screens for executing transactions and configuring setups in the custom application. Implementation was followed by production support to ensure stable operation and user adoption.