Peregrine Semiconductor is a fabless provider of highperformance radio frequency integrated circuits, or RFICs. The company’s products deliver an industry leading combination of performance and monolithic integration, and target a broad range of applications in the aerospace and defense, broadband, industrial, mobile wireless device, test and measurement equipment, and wireless infrastructure markets.
Peregrine Semiconductor’s solutions leverage its proprietary UltraCMOS®technology, which enables the design, manufacture and integration of multiple RF, mixed-signal and digital functions on a single chip.
Peregrine Semiconductor wanted to implement Oracle R12 but they needed an alternative reporting tool to address the following requirements:
- They needed to build reports for various modules such as Manufacturing, Code Migration Analysis and Issue Management
- They wanted a system-managed user interface that has a Microsoft Excel-like look and feel
- They needed an easier way of reconciling changes and updating data in the ERP
Peregrine Semiconductor chose Triniti as its System Integrator for the Oracle R12 implementation project. The Triniti team was invited primarily because of its proven expertise and experience in successfully implementing IT solutions for Fabless Semiconductor companies.
As part of the implementation, Triniti designed a Lot Starts Solution to help Planners track and plan their manufacturing materials. This was integrated tightly with their Manufacturing Shop Floor.
The Triniti team also performed the following:
- Used eWorksheet as the main reporting tool to build out reports for the TLS Suite
- Deployed the following reports:
- TLS Lot Start Report
- TLS Lot Allocation Report
- TLS Wafer Allocation Report
- TLS Sub Inventory Transfer Report
- Ensured flawless operation by fine-tuning the SQL queries of every report
- Supported SOX Requirements through its well-designed security measures
Thanks to Triniti’s eWorksheet solution, Peregrine Semiconductor streamlined its processby a significant margin since users no longer had to 1) run a report in a reporting tool, 2) reconcile changes, and then 3) update data in ERP.
Triniti’s eWorksheet provided Peregrine Semiconductor with the following:
- A viable alternative to Oracle Reports
- A user interface with a Microsoft Excel-like look and feel that made users comfortable right from the start
- Reduced audit costs since all the audit information was captured and readily available in the database
- The ability to quickly check relevant information from other reports using eWorksheet’s drilldown capability