Sony is a multi-national conglomerate corporation headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Its diversified business is primarily focused on the electronics, game, entertainment and financial services sectors. It is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic products for the consumer and professional markets.
Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $72 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, and employs 146,300 people worldwide.
As one of the major players in the consumer electronics space, Sony has been around for decades, so it comes as no surprise that it already has several IT systems in place. The resulting complexity that comes from having multiple legacy systems gave rise to the following pain points:
- High production and maintenance costs for its ITS08P ERP system
- Due date management conflicts because task maintenance was still being done using Microsoft Excel
- Complicated email chains for simple task updates
- Manual object migrations
- Duplication of task information within Microsoft Project Planning
The resulting redundancy of information, unnecessary complexity, outdated processes, and high maintenance costs were adversely affecting Sony’s operations.
Sony requested Triniti to eliminate its production maintenance costs for its ITS08P ERP system.
The Triniti team stepped in and performed the following:
- Provided a right-fit solution using the following Triniti Products:
- Edapter Toolkit (ETK)
- Proposed TRI2 as a Help Desk tool for implementation and support
With the help of Triniti’s custom products and solutions, Sony was able to:
- Eliminate production maintenance costs for its ITS08P ERP system
- Streamlined operations and improved efficiency by:
- Eliminating the need to do task maintenance in Microsoft Excel
- Eliminating lengthy email chains for task updates
- Eliminating manual object migrations
- Eliminating duplication of task information in Microsoft Project Planning