Qualcomm Incorporated is a multi-billion dollar American global semiconductor company that designs and markets wireless telecommunications products and services. Headquartered in San Diego, California USA, the company has 157 worldwide locations.
Qualcomm is a world leader in 3G, 4G, and next-generation wireless technologies.
Qualcomm was experiencing the following problems in its Supply Chain setups and business processes:
- They were dealing with a huge amount of constantly changing application data
- Their data entry processes in Oracle are cumbersome
- They have long turn-around times for their Supply Chain BOM setups and maintenance
- They were having difficulty maintaining and validating application data as users needed to navigate back and forth between multiple Oracle screens
- They had no way to validate each of their independent activities
- They could not track or audit collaboration between their different teams because it was being done off the system, resulting in inaccurate reporting
The Triniti team analyzed the underlying reasons behind Qualcomm’s difficulties and came up with a solution to simplify and drive process efficiencies. Using Triniti Product Modeler (TPM), they were able to reduce total setup lead time while providing easy-to-use auditing and validation functionality at data check points and allowing inter-collaboration between different teams.
Triniti performed the following:
- Simplified the definition process to handle huge amount of databy:
- Defining templates in Oracle and BOM level Nodes with default values/attributes in TPM
- Providing a single GUI in TPM to create and view the entire supply chain definition
- Controlled data access for easy maintenance and validation by:
- Enhancing data security by defining role specific access
- Providing ease of navigation and entry that resulted in faster setup times
- Streamlined the process by defining the workflow and firming up the roles and actions required by each of the teams
- Provided default values and systematically reused data at multiple BOM levels of the supply chain in order to reduce data redundancies and inaccuracies due to user errors
TPM’s functionalities as an application management tool positively impacted Qualcomm’s efficiency and performance by helping users create and maintain Timely, Reliable, Accurate, and Complete (TRAC) application data.
As a result, Qualcomm was able to:
- Increase its ability to adapt to changing business requirements (thanks to TPM’s quick configurability)
- Accelerate setup times and increase productivity (thanks to TPM’s quick mass maintenance function)
- Facilitate collaboration among its supply chain teams (thanks to TPM’s workflow-enabled applications)
- Enhance reusability (using TPM’s capability to save Supply Chain Models)